Prairie Lily Birth & Postpartum Doula Services
Childbirth is a transformational and humbling event each and every time. As women we are blessed with the unique ability to feed and grow another life. Professional birth support makes the journey through pregnancy, birth and postpartum a joyful and empowering event by helping you sort through options and procedures, and birth with ease and grace knowing that you are fully supported.
The flow and type of care a woman needs during pregnancy, birth and postpartum varies with each individual. Generally, the services offered to each family include:
Complete Pregnancy and Birth Support:
- Two Prenatal consultations (approximately 6 hours in total).
- Access to an extensive lending-library (books, movies, slings & wraps).
- Telephone, texting and email support as needed.
- On-call birth support near the expected due date.
- Physical and emotional support during labour and delivery at home or in the hospital.
- Newborn and breastfeeding care immediately after birth and
- Two postpartum visits (approximately 8 hours in total).
Effective January 1, 2012 the Complete Pregnancy and Birth Support is available for $700 CAD.
Additional Prenatal and Postpartum Options include:
- Yoga Birth Method childbirth preparation classes $15 per hour.
- Additional prenatal consultations $10 per hour.
- Birth pool rentals (sub-contracted through Birth Rhythms distributors in Saskatoon, SK).
- Additional postpartum doula care $15 per hour (excluding housekeeping services).
- Additional housekeeping services $25 per hour.
Additional Prenatal and Postpartum Options are subject to availability.